Specialist in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
University Degree in Medicine and Surgery in 1979 at the Madrid Autonomous University. Doctor in Medicine and Surgery in 1987. Associate Professor of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of La Laguna since 1998.
He specialised in Orthopaedic and Traumatology Surgery via MIR (Medical Resident Training) at University Hospital of the Canary Islands 1981-1985 and in Child Orthopaedic Surgery at The Children’s Orthopaedic Surgery Unit of the University Hospital Virgen de La Candelaria in Tenerife between 1988 to 1992. Specialisation Courses in Arthroscopic Surgery of knee and shoulder in USA and France. Specialisation Courses in Prosthetic Surgery of knee and hip in the USA. He completed his training with stays at different foreign centres of great prestige such as:
- Stay at the Orthopaedic Center of New Jersey with Dr. A. Trias (Arthroplasty of knee).
- Stay at Tri-City Medical Center, San Diego – California (Arthroscopy of shoulder).
- Stay at Beth Israel Medical Center North Division New Cork, (Arthroplasty of knee)
- Stay at Kansas Medical Center (Dr. Marc Asher, child scoliosis surgery)
He obtained MASTERS in Child Fractures at the Hospital Ramón y Cajal in Madrid, Child Foot Anomalies at Hospital del Niño Jesús in Madrid and in Child Orthopaedics Hospital Vall d’Hebron Barcelona. Training course for directors of radiological installations for diagnosis purposes.
He has developed his PROFESSIONAL work at different Hospital Centres in Tenerife:
Areas of Clinical and Scientific Interest
- Child Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery.
- Articular surgery (Hip and Knee Prosthesis).
- Hand and foot surgery.
- Sports traumatology.
- Road accidents.
- Occupational pathology.
- Interim Associate Doctor at the University Hospital of the Canary Islands (HUC) between 1985 to 1988.
- FEA in Traumatology and Orthopaedics at the Hospital Nuestra Señora de La Candelaria from 1988 to 1992.
- Head of Traumatology Service of Quirón Hospital from 2002 to 2001.
- Associate Doctor at the University Hospital of the Canary Islands from 1992 to date.
- Numerary member of the Spanish Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology Society (SECOT).
- Member of the Canary Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (COTCAN).
- Member of the Spanish Association of Arthroscopy.
- Affiliate International Member of the American Orthopaedics Academy (AAOS).
- Member of the Study Group of Child Traumatology and Orthopaedics (GEOTI)