Specialist in Neurosurgery
University Degree in Medicine and Surgery in 1999 at the University of Laguna Doctorate by the Department of Surgery of the University of La Laguna Proficiency in Research (October 2003) with the dissertation “Development of a quantitative test for valuation of cervico-arthrosic myelopathy”.
Specialised in Neuro-surgery (2000-2005) at the University Hospital of the Canary Islands. Training course for directors of radiological installations for diagnosis purposes. Advanced Course on Neuromonitoring and Treatment of the Neurocritical Patient. University Hospital Vall d´Hebron in Barcelona, November 2003. Course on Acute Vascular-Brain Pathology Canary Island University Hospital (November 2004 and 2005).
He completed his t raining with STAY at the Hospital for Sick Children of Toronto.
- Extraordinary Award Dissertation (Academic year 1998/99).
- Award of the Royal Academy of Medicine of Santa Cruz de Tenerife to the Best Record of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of La Laguna year 1999.
- Grant for specialised training awarded by the Fundación Canaria Salud y Sanidad of Tenerife for the dissertation “Paediatric Neurosurgery” (2005).
Areas of Clinical and Scientific Interest
- Paediatric Neurosurgery
- Cervical-arthrosic myelopathy
- Degenerative disease of the spinal cord.
- Neuro-oncology: Treatment of high grade gliomas.
- Associate Doctor of the Neurosurgery Service at the Canary Island University Hospital since 2005.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Neurosurgery (SENEC).
- Member of the Canary Society of Neurosurgery.
- Organising Committee 4th National Congress of the Spanish Society of Neuro Rachis. Tenerife, 2004.