Specialist in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
University Degree in Medicine and Surgery in 1977 at the University of Laguna Doctor in Medicine and Surgery in 1984. Associate Teacher of the Cathedra for Traumatology and Orthopaedic Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine, University of La Laguna since 1992.
Specialised in Orthopaedic and Traumatology Surgery at the University Hospital of the Canary Islands 1977-1981.
He extended his training at different national and foreign Hospitals in different fields of the speciality and with greater interest in Articular surgery of knee, hip and shoulder, arthroscopic Surgery, Surgery of hand and foot and Child orthopaedics. Specialisation Courses in Prosthetic Surgery of knee and hip in the United States and minimal invasive surgery in France in 2003 and 2004.
- Great Hormond Street (London): Child Orthopaedics
- Hospital La Paz (Madrid): Surgery of the Spine
- Endoclinic (Hamburgo ): Hip surgery
- Hospital St.Luke-Rush University Chicago: Hip surgery
- Ortopaedic Center New Jersey : Knee surgery
- Instituto Clínico Humanitas Milan (Shoulder Arthroscopic Surgery)
- Tri-City: Universidad California. Shoulder arthroscopy
Areas of Clinical and Scientific Interest
- Arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery.
- Articular prosthetic surgery of Knee, Hip and Shoulder.
- Hand and foot surgery.
- Adult orthopaedics and traumatology.
- Resident doctor in Traumatology and Orthopaedics in 117 – 1981 at the Canary island University Hospital.
- Assistant to surgery team of Orthopaedics and Traumatology at the Canary Island Health Service in 1980 to 1986.
- Associate Doctor of the Orthopaedic and Traumatology Surgery Service at the Canary Island University Hospital 1981 to 1986.
- Hierarchised Specialist Doctor at the Canary Island Health Service from 1986 to 1990.
- Associate Doctor of the Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology Service of the Canary Island University Hospital 1990-2000. At present on voluntary extended leave.
- He is currently in charge of the Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology Division of the Quirón Hospital in Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- President of the Canary Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (COTCAN).
- Numerary member of the Spanish Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology Society (SECOT).
- Member of the Spanish Association of Arthroscopy.
- Affiliate International Member of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).